* When and why did you start training with us here at CrossFit MSD?
I think I signed up in February. Before CrossFit, I had been running to lose weight. I had dropped about 7kg but I was bored and had lost all motivation. I looked up CrossFit (after hearing about it from Megan) and thought it would be something I would enjoy so I decided to have a go! I love the workout variations.
* What have you achieved since training with us at CrossFit MSD?
I have achieved a complete change in the way I think, in regards to body weight. Initially, I just wanted to lose weight and be skinny. But since joining CrossFit I now want to be strong. I can already notice a huge difference and I am loving it! I have gained self-confidence I never knew was possible.
* Who is Stacey away from the box? Work, hobbies, family life, etc
12 years ago I married my high school sweetheart and I am currently a busy stay at home mum of 4 boys, aged between 2 and 9. I am a qualified austswim instructor and hope to start teaching again when all the boys are at school. But for now, I enjoy spending time with them while I can. I love boating, swimming and fishing.
* Tell us a fun fact about yourself?
My favourite place to be is at the beach.
* What are your goals for the next 12 months?
I hope to continue to build my overall strength so I can complete the WOD’s at the weights recommended. I don’t want to have to scale them down.
* Do you have any words or some advice to anyone who may be on the fence about doing CrossFit?
Crossfit has changed my life. You’ll be amazed at how you feel physically and mentally if you can commit to giving yourself 100% everytime you walk through the door. The support from all the trainers and other members is unlike any you will see in any other fitness centre. Give it a go and smash those goals!